Bogota Travel Guide
For people who love to visit the culturally rich places, then there is no better place to visit, than Bogota, the beautiful capital of Colombia.
Overview of the City
Latin America’s major cultural centre, Bogota is also the largest Colombian city that lures tourists with the ethereal beauty of the ancient churches that vie with the modern sky-rise buildings. Whether you are looking to spend your holidays in calm and peace or in a lively set-up of city life, you get both in one place.
Places to Visit
- La Candelaria: This should be at the very top on your itinerary, as this is where you get to experience the colonial beauty, in the churches and museums found in abundance here. Santa Clara Church near Plaza de Bolivar is loved by all and is a must-see.
- Simon Bolivar: Bogotá’s famous park that attracts hundreds of tourists, is a place where you can get to enjoy stuff like kite flying, or just enjoy the nature.
- Botanical Gardens: No two botanical gardens are the same. If you love nature, strolling in the grounds of botanical gardens can be a beautiful experience. It only takes $1 to enter and the food available there is delicious.
- Monserrate: A mountain in Bogota with a church at its peak that gives you a panoramic view of the city. Use the cable car for some added excitement.
Things to Do While In Bogota
- Visit El Museo del Oro, the popular haunt for art connoisseurs. The gold artifacts there unbelievable. You can also visit the Botero Museum and get a feel of the greatest artists on earth, like Picasso, Matisse and Renoir.
- The number of libraries in Bogota is unbelievable. There are some that are famous, like the El Tunal and El Tintal as well as the Virgilio Barco Library.
- Horse drawn carriages are bound to attract you, and you can use them to explore the city.
- Feel like relaxing on our holiday – the exotic spa centers will surely not disappoint you.
Sports and Shopping
Sports fans have a lot too in the form of Colisea Cubierto El Campion. This is an indoor arena, but there is plenty for the outdoor lovers in Bogota: horse riding, soccer golf and much more.
Antique shopping is big in Bogota and La Candelaria is where you should be heading. The Town Center is filled with stores where you get clothing, jewelry, books and music. You wouldn’t want to miss the Unicentro shopping mall, if you’re looking for classy shopping.
Nightlife in Bogota
Known for its nightlife, there are a vast number of high-quality pubs, bars and clubs. Bar Venus, Hard Rock café Bogota and Salome Pagana.
Festivals of Bogota
The festival of performing arts, Ibero-American theater festival is held every two years in March or April. The Carnival is the highlight of Bogota, and is extremely popular with tourists from around the world. Everything from parades, dances and masquerades pull people into the middle of the excitement. Finally, if you get a chance, don’t miss out on the Summer and Rock al Parque festivals that Bogota has to offer.
Bogota has everything that a tourist can ask for and more. Time you got your traveling shoes on!http://www.namastejee.com/bogota-travel-guide.aspxBogota Travel GuideTour GuideFor people who love to visit the culturally rich places, then there is no better place to visit, than Bogota, the beautiful capital of Colombia.Overview of the CityLatin America’s major cultural centre, Bogota is also the largest Colombian city that lures tourists with the ethereal beauty of the ancient...DevjeetDevjeet Singhdev25313@gmail.comAdministratorHey friends, Devjeet here. I'm web developer & internet marketing expert by profession and Tech Savvy, Web Enthusiast & cricket lover by nature. If you like my blog Namaste Jee, you may subscribe to my RSS Feed. I have plenty of information to share and by subscribing you will get the directly in your email.Namaste Jee