New York Tourist Attractions
Known as “The Big Apple” or “The City That Never Sleeps,” New York is the most populous city in the United States as well as being the most exciting. This city is also an important business centre where people from around the world visit. New York is also known as a haven for tourists, with its wonderful attractions.
New York has a lot of places that are visited by tourists. Some of them are:
- The Empire State Building: This has gained the title of being the “tallest” building in New York and the second tallest in the United States, after the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centre. But in the years between 1931 and 1972; The Empire State Building was the tallest building in the world. The 86th floor consists of an outdoor observatory, with an observation deck on the 102nd floor.
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum: USS Intrepid, the retired aircraft carrier (with several aircrafts on the deck); a Concorde airliner and a submarine (the USS Growler); are all seen in this museum. If you’ve never seen this before, the whole experience can be awe-inspiring. Even on the shortest of visits, this is a must +-
- Statue of Liberty: Majestically standing on an island near the mouth of Hudson River, the Statue of Liberty was given by France to the United States.
- Theatre: New York is famous for its theatres, and most of them are around Broadway. If you’ve an artistic bent of mind, then this is the most appropriate to enjoy a show.
- Times Square: This is a famous location in New York and everyone would have heard of it, even if one hasn’t visited it. This is a lively place and the numerous animated television and neon signs that can be seen here is amazing.
With so much to see, New York is a place that fills tourists with unending excitement, thrill and there is something about the place that brings people back year after year.
Incoming Search Terms:
- new york (20)