Switzerland Tourism Attractions
There is good reason why Switzerland is fondly called “Paradise on Earth.” You can only know what we’re talking about when you visit this beautiful country. The mesmerizing beauty of the place attracts people in love all the time. It is almost a celebration of love. Everything from the amazing Snowy Alps, the picturesque villages, the rivers filled with music, gorgeous valleys, breathtaking landscapes, adventurous trekking trails, the out-of-this-world weather, all come together to tingle your senses and make you forget everything else but the heavenly beauty of the surroundings.
It is this beauty that lures people in love to spend intimate moments among such divinity. Thousands of people from all over the world visit Switzerland to enjoy the beauty of the place. It goes without saying that this is the place that honeymooners choose, as long as they can afford it.
Countries like France, Italy, Germany and Austria surround Switzerland. It is not a big place, but it certainly is one of the richest in the world. Apart from enjoying the beauty of the place, there are a few place you would have to visit while there.
- The Chillon Castle: One of the most famous castles in Switzerland, the Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva, is from the 11th century and consists of 100 buildings. This is where the former Savoy nobility lived. It offers a great view of the lakes and beyond.
- Zermatt: Zermatt is a ski resort that attracts tourists from around the world. It is at the foot of the most famous peak of the Swiss Alps, the Matterhorn. It is a must visit even for people who do not ski. Just relax in a restaurant or shop around in the exotic surroundings.
- Geneva Jet D’eau: This is the world’s tallest fountain and is 140 meters high. Having been built in 1891, this fountain has come to be the symbol of the city of Geneva. If you’re visiting Geneva, you would want to see other places like the museums too, and the most famous is the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum.
- Swiss National Park: This park offers outstanding views of the Alps as you hike there. You may be able to spend the night in a tent there, but it is a must-visit. This is the only national park in Switzerland and covers almost half of the country’s area. It is home for various wildlife, such as marmots and eagles.
- Swiss Transport Museum: If you love automobiles and the like, then you have to make time to visit the Swiss Transport Museum, where you’ll find different locomotives, aircrafts, automobiles, ships and all other modes of transportation and communication exhibited. Love art? You will find Hans Erni, the Swiss painter and sculptor in his works exhibited here.
Switzerland has a lot to offer and when you’re there, while you can’t help admiring the beauty of the place, try and concentrate on the rich culture of the country. You will be amazed at the diversity you find there.
Incoming Search Terms:
- switzerland tourism (14)