The Hidden Treasures of New York
The real essence of New York’s beauty remains hidden from the casual observer accustomed to the obvious landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building. Travelers and tourists should explore various delights of New York, which lie behind the scenes of the ordinary attractions. Many of these hidden treasures are extremely marvelous even to regular visitors. The hidden treasures are symbolic in terms of America’s history, cultural values, lifestyle, aesthetics, and infrastructural diversity. Some of these attractions include:
- The abandoned subway in Manhattan
- Fort Tryon Park
- The Brooklyn Piers in Red Hook
- Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn
- Korea town in Manhattan
- The Fraunces Tavern
The Manhattan Subway and Tryon Park:
- The abandoned Manhattan subway attracts viewers because of its looping shape.
- The subway was closed at the end of the Second World War in 1945.
- Plans remain on course to convert the subway into a transit museum.
- The subway is only accessible under guided tour.
- Fort Tryon Park was designed with influences from Middle Ages and English countryside
- The Park combines great architectural skills and delightful flora and fauna.
- Tryon Park offers serves as a resourceful site for cultural tourists.
- The design of the park contrasts conventional architecture and modern aesthetics.
- The park remains ideal for private functions and photo sessions.
The Red Hook Piers and the Greenwood Cemetery:
- The piers offer one of the best vantage views of the mystical sunset over New York.
- Tourists observe the rising tide while standing on the piers.
- The piers remind tourists of the historical Dutch shipping center.
- It is possible to observe the distant Statue of Liberty and parts of Manhattan.
- It is delightful to witness the panoramic background of water and architectural features.
- The Greenwood cemetery commands an attractive expanse of greenery and tranquility.
- The graveyard is immaculate in terms of its floral allure, manicured lawns, and trees.
- Important personalities including Churchill’s grandmother were interred at the site.
- Other important personalities include Samuel Morse, Henry Ward Beecher, and Boss Tweed.
- The calm and serenity around the cemetery delights some visitors who tour the place.
- Sampling the varieties of other New York delights requires ESTA clearance on the part of tourists.
The automated ESTA system ensures that only persons with proper documentation and status are eligible to tour the United States.
Korea town and Fraunces Tavern:
- The little-known Korea town sits on 32nd street.
- The town is considered as a slice of Seoul due to its features, activities, and social life.
- Visitors can benefit from the various attractions including delicacies and custom-made clothes.
- The Fraunces Tavern features a stylish restaurant and brewery.
- The tavern is historically significant due to the Revolution War.
- George Washington ended the revolution war at the tavern.
Ultimately, New York has thousands of hidden delights that require the efforts of keen observers and inquisitive tourists to savor their full extent. The vastness of this delights are at the disposal of foreign visitors after due clearance by the ESTA system, which guarantees the legality and eligibility of persons touring the United States.
Image source 1: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YWzhAKZc3ZA/UeUH79-oeDI/AAAAAAAAALE/iwyqvn6FynE/s320/shutterstock_111189209.download.jpg
Image source 2: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-z8pQmb8ZAbg/UeUH707ys_I/AAAAAAAAAK0/bdpCCw7L98M/s320/shutterstock_40823005.download.jpghttp://www.namastejee.com/the-hidden-treasures-of-new-york.aspxThe Hidden Treasures of New YorkTour GuideThe real essence of New York's beauty remains hidden from the casual observer accustomed to the obvious landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building. Travelers and tourists should explore various delights of New York, which lie behind the scenes of the ordinary attractions. Many...DevjeetDevjeet Singhdev25313@gmail.comAdministratorHey friends, Devjeet here. I'm web developer & internet marketing expert by profession and Tech Savvy, Web Enthusiast & cricket lover by nature. If you like my blog Namaste Jee, you may subscribe to my RSS Feed. I have plenty of information to share and by subscribing you will get the directly in your email.Namaste Jee